Boxing: Tyson Fury: I’ll fight Anthony Joshua for free


Heavyweight champion Tyson Fury said Wednesday that he will come out of retirement to fight fellow Brit Anthony Joshua for free.

Fury, 33, made the comments in a video posted to his Instagram account.

Fury said he would “sign the contract today” under the following conditions:

“The fight’s got to be for free. Free-to-air television and all tickets go for free. No money is to be made out of this British historic fight if it happens,” Fury said. “There’s the terms, I’m in the driving seat, take it or effing leave it. The ball is in your court, guys. … Either way, I don’t give a damn.”

Fury (32-0-1) had previously said he would only come out of retirement for a $500 million purse.

“The Gypsy King” retired after his TKO victory over Dillian Whyte in April.

Fury and Joshua were negotiating to fight last year before an arbitrator ruled Fury owed Deontay Wilder a third fight, which Fury won by TKO in October.

Joshua (24-2) is set to fight Oleksandr Usyk on Aug. 20 in Saudi Arabia in their rematch from September, a bout won by Usyk.

–Field Level Media

Check FREE Sports Scores and Bets https://www.RobinhoodSports.com a Division of RobinhoodNews.com





FREE

Get the most important breaking news and analyses for Free.

Thank you for subscribing

Something went wrong.